- Community Life
Updating its formula in favour of an intimate cocktail reception, by invitation only, this fourth edition of the Townies of Note annual merit awards made 7 new winners. The total number of winners has now reached 25 since the beginning of this local recognition initiative, launched in 2016.
The 2019 honourees are:
- Barely out of their teens, twins Marie-Pier and Sophie Vermette-Lacroix were granted the Emerging Generation Award for their inventiveness, after designing, among other things, an alarm device to prevent a baby from being forgotten in the car.
- For her long-standing involvement in school, community and municipal settings (including as a former mayor), Suzanne Caron received the Achievement Award.
- Kathy Elie and Maria Esposito each earned a Community Development Award: the first for her long-standing involvement in the Horticultural Society and the Mount Royal Municipal Association, and the second for her impressive commitment to the Figure Skating Club.
- With 32 years’ experience at Le Graham salon pour hommes, including 18 years as owner, Sonia Lepage has turned her business into a vibrant gathering place for the community. She received the Economic Development Award.
- For his 48 years of service as a rental agent, but above all for his dedication and concern for excellence as he is said to represent the heart and soul of Town Hall, Roméo Desormeaux received a Special Recognition award granted by Town Council.
A souvenir program is available online to learn more about this year's award winners.