Personal information protection policy

This site uses navigation cookies to provide you with an optimal experience.

Learn more

Where would you like to
share this page?

Services Residents Online Services

Online Services

It's easy to get in touch with your municipal services online!

Take advantage of this list of online services from the comfort of your own armchair, no need to leave home.

Tree Cutting

A request to remove a tree should be directed to Public Works.

If the tree is on private property, please fill out the online form found on the following page.

If the tree is located on public land, contact Public Works at 514 734-2999 or 

See below for more details.



All dogs and cats must have a license to keep them. This license is valid from the time it is obtained until December 31of the current year. It is then renewable annually on January 1 of the following year.

  • A maximum of 2 dogs per home is tolerated;
  • A maximum of 2 cats per home is tolerated.

Register my PetLearn More


Click below to consult the Municipal Library's online services.

Visit the Library Website


Code Red, a system to reach you in case of general alert.

Subscribe to CodeRed

Residual Materials Collection

To report a damaged bin, use the appropriate online form:

To request a collection of branches

Collection of Branches

To report a missed collection*

Missed Collection

* beginning at 17:00 on the day of collection.

Learn more about Residual Materials Collection

Application for Access to a Document

To apply for access to a document please fill out this online form: 

Online FormLearn more about application for access to a document

Urban Planning

Applications For Permits

Some permit applications can be completed online and returned by e-mail to the Urban Planning and Development Division. To do so, please consult the appropriate web page.

Application for Resident PermitsApplication for Business Permits

Obstruction and Occupation of Public Property

To access the online form and acquire all required information, please click the link below.

Obstruction and Occupation of Public Property

Registration - Recreation

Throughout the year, the Recreation, Culture and Community Activities department offers activities for the whole family!

Keep an eye out for the next registration period and sign up online before you miss out.

Register Online

What You Need to Know About Registrations

New Sewer And/Or Water Main Connection

Installation Permit

To get a permit for the installation of a new sewer and/or water main connection:

Learn more

Temporary Overnight Parking Permits

Need a temporary overnight parking permit between 00:00 and 8:00?

Learn more


Have you suffered a loss or damage that you feel was caused by an action performed by—or attributable to—Town of Mount Royal


List of Persons with Reduced Mobility

If you are a person with reduced mobility due to your age or a disability (impaired motor skills, vision or hearing, etc.), you can request to have your name added to the Town's list of persons with reduced mobility at the Public Security department. In the event of emergency situations, the Town will be able to advise emergency services of your particular situation.

Fill out the form

Bicycle Engraving

In order to prevent bicycle theft and facilitate searches in the event of theft, Public Security offers a free bicycle marking service (engraving), available at all times. Once a bicycle has been marked, its number is entered in a register that is shared with the Service de police de la ville de Montréal (SPVM). For deterrence purposes, a sticker is also affixed to the bicycle to clearly let people know that it is registered.

Fill out our online form to take advantage of this service.

Home Watch

Are you planning to be out of town for a few days? Use our home watch service and leave with peace of mind! While you are away, our patrollers will check the outside of your home daily to ensure the doors are properly locked. They will even pick up and hold your mail until you return. Newspapers and flyers will be recycled.

Complete our online form to take advantage of this free service to Mount Royal residents. Please be sure to include any information that can be relevant to our patrollers.

You can also contact our call center to register by dialing 514 734-4666.

Neighbourhood Watch Program

The Neighbourhood Watch program is a crime prevention program that relies on communication between citizens and authorities. As neighbours, you are invited to look after each other in order to deter and prevent crime at the local level. You can contribute to the safety of your neighbourhood, simply by getting to know your neighbours.

Consult our information leaflet and our additional documentation (forms) concerning the Neighbourhood watch program. 

Become a Member

Become a member of the Neighbourhood watch program by registering online.


Town of Mount Royal offers its residents the option of receiving their tax bill electronically. What’s more, Townies can also view their tax account online. If you choose to receive your next tax bill electronically, you will no longer receive your bill by surface mail: from then on, an email message will inform you that your new tax bill is available.

If you already have an Accès-Cité account

Sign in. This is the same website used to register for recreational activities online and you should use the same identifiers and access codes.

Under the Tax Account tab, add your property using the information found on your paper tax bill:

  • Roll number
  • Account number
  • Amount of first payment
  • Check the “I agree to receive my tax bill only online” box.

You will then receive your tax bill electronically. You will also be able to view your tax account online whenever you want.

If you don’t have an Accès-Cité account

Create your user account, then follow the above instructions.

Learn more about taxation

Dig a Trench

Before performing any excavation or trenching activities on public land, public utility companies are required to secure a permit issued by Technical Services.

Note: French only

Application for Permit to Dig a Trench

Use of a Fire Hydrant

To request temporary use of a hydrant, send the request to Public Works (a division of Technical Services), and pick up and payment will be processed at the Inspections counter (Urban Planning and Development).

Note: French only

Application for Use of a Fire Hydrant

Stay connected with your Town

Subscribe to Bciti+

Learn more