- Municipal Council
- Avis public
In order to accommodate the current distancing directives and avoid gatherings, Town Council is asking interested residents to express their views in writing by May 17, 2021 – instead of in person – regarding the request for a minor variance at 210, Chester Avenue. The request has to do with the front setback of the building.
In accordance with Order number 2020-74 issued by the Government of Québec on October 2, 2020, any interested party may express themselves during a written consultation on the request for a minor variance concerning the front setback of the immovable located at 210, Chester Avenue. The 15-day written consultation was advertised on May 1, 2021 by way of public notice.
The object of this application is to legalize, in accordance with the Minor Variance By-law No. 1312, the front setback of the existing building at 4.5 m, encroaching by 0.07 m in the 4.57 m minimum setback required at time of the extension in 2009.
It should be noted that the current Zoning By-law N°1441 provides for minimum front setback of 6 m in zone H-511-M.
The present request is necessary due to the 0.07 m encroachment at time of the extension and the approval of this application would legalize the non-conforming front setback but cannot apply to any future additions.
In accordance with Minor Variances By-law No. 1312, Council will consider the following conditions:
- the request for a minor variance to the Zoning by-law does not contravene the objectives of Town of Mount Royal’s urban plan;
- the immovable complies with the other provisions of By-law No. 1441 Concerning Zoning, Subdivision By-law No. 1442, and Building By-law No. 1443;
- the application of the current setback would constitute a serious prejudice to the owner of the property.
Any interested person will be heard by Town Council by submitting their comments in writing no later than May 17, 2021.
To be eligible, a comment must be:
- sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- be deposited in the mail chute at Town Hall, 90 Roosevelt Avenue, Mount Royal, Attention to Town Clerk.