In view of the high temperatures forecast over the next few days, the Town of Mount Royal is offering you several cooling areas to help you stand the heat.
Please also note the opening hours of the various air-conditioned public places at your disposal.
Municipal Outdoor Pool
Special Opening this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (September 6 to 8, 2023).
- 16:15 - 20:00
Open Saturday and Sunday, September 9 and 10, 2023.
- 7:30 - 12:30: Recreational
- 12:30 - 20:00: Public
- Dakin Park: open from 9:00 to 20:00
- Mohawk Park: open from 8:00 to 22:00
Please note that there will be no monitors on site.
Air-conditioned public places
- Reginald J. P. Dawson Library: click here for opening hours
- Recreation Centre (REC): open from 8:00 to 22:00
- Arena: open from 8:00 to 23:00
Please, take a look at the interactive map to help you identify the location of the various local refreshment facilities.
Tips to protect yourself during the heat wave
- Drink six to eight glasses of water a day. Don’t wait until you feel thirsty.
- To help your body temperature get back to normal, rest in a cool place – with air conditioning, or in the shade – for two hours every day.
- Wear loose, light-coloured clothing.
- Limit physical effort, especially in the middle of the day when temperatures are highest.
- Take a cool shower or bath, or cool down with a wet towel.
- Call people you are close to, especially older or vulnerable people, to find out how they are doing.
- Close all windows, curtains and blinds when the sun is blazing.
- Use heat-generating appliances as little as possible (stove, oven, dryer, television, lights, etc.)