- Sports and Recreation
- En bref
Day camps are among the rare summer activities that have not been cancelled by our Recreation Department. Their season will begin on Monday, June 29. There is still time to register your child, online only.
As of this publication date, public health guidelines prevent the use of various options that would normally feature in our programming (team sports, outings, etc.) but the evolution of restrictions over the coming weeks could leave room for surprises. The staff has been working on how to adapt the formula to meet hygiene requirements during a pandemic, while ensuring the enjoyment of participants.
They rely on such guidelines as the ones in the Guide de relance des camps en contexte de COVID-19, by the Association des camps du Québec (French only).
Among the points to remember:
- Exceptionally, this summer the camps will be for children aged 5 to 11 only (no camps for children under 5 or 12 years old and over).
- No specialized camps (sports or cultural).
- Reduction in the number of children per group.
- Reduction of monitor/child ratios.
- No gatherings (no team activities).
- No sharing of equipment or materials (no arts & crafts).
- No outings or special events (fair, barbecue, special evenings, etc.).
- No access to playgrounds.
- All activities will be limited and adjusted to respect the 2-metre physical distance protocols.
For any questions about day camps, including a possible refund: firstname.lastname@example.org.