APPLICATION FOR A MINOR VARIANCE
Mount Royal Town Council will dispose, at its regular meeting to be held on September 27, 2021 at 19:00 at 90 Roosevelt Avenue, of the following application for a minor variance for the property located at 159 Normandy Road.
This application was advertised on September 8, 2021 by way of public notice.
The object of this application is to legalize, in accordance with the Minor Variance By-law No. 1312, the right side setback of the existing building at 1.8 m, encroaching by 0.2 m in the 2 m minimum setback required at the time of construction in 1953.
It should be noted that the current Zoning By-law N°1441 provides for a minimum side setback of 2,3 m in zone H-531-D.
The present request is necessary due to the 0.2 m encroachment at time of construction and the approval of this application would legalize the non-conforming front setback but cannot apply to any future additions.
In accordance with Minor Variances By-law No. 1312, Council will consider the following conditions:
- the request for a minor variance to the Zoning by-law does not contravene the objectives of Town of Mount Royal’s urban plan;
- the immovable complies with the other provisions of Zoning By-law No. 1441, Subdivision By-law No. 1442 and Building By-law No. 1443;
- the application of the current setback would constitute a serious prejudice to the owner of the property.
Anyone interested in this request may be heard by the Town Council at the meeting of September 27, 2021.
In addition, in accordance with the directives issued by the Government of Quebec, it is also possible to be heard by sending written comments no later than September 23, 2021.
To be eligible, a written comment must be:
• sent by email to the following address: email@example.com;
• be deposited in the mail chute at Town Hall, 90 Roosevelt Avenue, Mount Royal, Attention to Town Clerk.