Open from June to September, the outdoor municipal pool, which also has a wading pool, is located behind the Recreation Centre at 1000 Dunkirk Road.
To use the wading pool and and other installations, residents of Town of Mount Royal must have a valid recreation card.
Summer 2021: COVID-19
Certain sanitary instructions must be observed in order to enjoy the aquatic facilities in peace. Relevant details will be released in due course, based on government guidelines at the time.
- Maintain 2 meters of physical distancing
- Follow the path around the pool premises
- Make your reservation online and respect the rotating schedule
- Take a soapy shower before arriving at the pool
- Bring your own swimming equipment
- Arrive with your bathing suit on
- Washing your hands is mandatory before entering the pool premises
Reservations and security measures
Since July 22, 2021, residents can book two time slots per day. However, pool users must leave the perimeter of the pool during the cleaning period so that our team can disinfect the premises.
The reservation of your time slots, about 24 hours in advance, remains mandatory prior to your arrival on the pool premises. Reservations are made online through the Recreation Department's registration website, Accès-Cité. Note: the Reservation tab is not the one to use! The Recreation Dept. team has prepared a document detailing the steps to follow to reserve a time slot at the municipal pool.
In the locker rooms, showers can be used only for a quick rinse. Maximum of two people at a time.
Most chairs and deck chairs have been removed from the pool deck. However, we allow clients to bring their own folding chairs.
Schedule and prices
- Consult the latest pool schedule.
- The wading pool is open weekdays first from 8:30 to 13:00, then from 15:00 to 18:00. It is also open from 8:30 to 18:30 on weekends. No reservation required. Maximum of eight people. First come, first served.
- We encourage contactless payments by card (Interac, Mastercard, Visa). Admission fees are paid on site.
- TMR residents only
- Lap swim: 30 users
- Senior/adult swim: 70 users
- Public swim: 115 users
- Recreational swim: 70 users
- Wading pool: 10 users
- The number of users could increase, according to the situation and the governmental directives.
Read our swimming etiquette, for a successful cohabitation of public swims and laps.
List of employees
You can refer to the list of Recreation, Culture and Community Activities Department employees.
Municipal Outdoor Pool
1000 Dunkirk Road
Mount Royal, H3R 2B7
- 514 734-2948