The Exhibition Hall and the Art Wall are in keeping with the library’s cultural mission. Monthly exhibits give local artists a chance to become better known by the general public.
Artists who would like to exhibit their work at the library are encouraged to submit an application. It should be noted that the waiting period for an exhibit space is usually 24 months.
Under the spotlight
In the exhibition hall and on the Art Wall, until May 2: Exhibition of visual arts classes in collaboration with the Rec Centre
Exhibition by Céline Bélec’s students.
Vernissage on Wednesday, April 25, from 18:00 to 20:00.
In the entry hall display cabinet, for the same period: Items made at the TMR Pottery Studio
Items created under the supervision of Cathy Reeves.
- The artist must reside in Mount Royal.
- Although the works are not submitted to a selection committee, they should at least be of a semi-professional calibre.
- The exhibition dates are assigned on a first come, first served basis. However, priority may be given to artists that have never exhibited at the library.
- There are no restrictions on the types of media that artists may use.
- The subject of the exhibited works must be appropriate for a public space that is frequented by youngsters.
- The works must be framed or have a hook or other device that allows them to be securely hung.
Terms and conditions
- The artist has free use of the Exhibition Hall or the Art Wall for about four weeks. A glass display case is also available.
- The wall in the Exhibition Hall is white and measures approximately 7.2 m long and 2.7 m high. The Art Wall is located in the heart of the library and consists of a brick wall approximately 6.6 m long and 2.7 m high. The display case located in the library’s foyer measures approximately 1.95 m x 1.2 m x 40 cm.
- Exhibitors have complete freedom regarding how their exhibition space is used. Artist’s sketchbooks, the artist’s biography, business cards, etc. may be included with the exhibit.
- The works are generally hung on a Friday morning by library staff according to the exhibitor’s instructions.
- Artists are free to sell the exhibited works. Should they decide to do so, a description of the works and a price list may accompany the exhibit. All transactions are directly between the artist and the buyer; the library plays no role in the sale and receives no commission or other compensation related to the sale.