The first entirely new municipal building to be constructed in Mount Royal in more than 50 years, the new centre was designed following extensive consultations held to align the project with the community’s needs. Among other things, it will mark the end of the scattering of recreational facilities and venues that has occurred over the decades.
The new centre will quadruple the indoor space that the Town can provide to citizens for recreational activities and community gatherings. The state-of-the-art building will also give the Town its first-ever indoor aquatic complex (with three pools) and a large gymnasium for year-round team sports.
In August 2020, Town Council announced a major financial commitment by the Rossy Foundation that will allow an underground parking facility with 117 indoor places to be added to the project, with 65 above-ground places available at Town Hall.
All about the centre
See all the features and advantages of the new building and learn about its impact on property taxes (as of February 2020).
- Launch of the call for tenders: November 19, 2020
- Opening of tenders: April 1, 2021
- Contract award: April-May 2021
- Construction: summer 2021
Underground parking lot
Work schedule: Monday to Friday from 7:00 to 19:00 and possibly Saturdays from 9:00 to 17:00.
- Excavation and installation of piles (possible inconveniences: noise, vibrations and dust), shoring and support work, formwork: October 2020-December 2020
- Formwork, insulation, concrete pouring, painting, finishing: January 2021-May 2021
At all times, residents are invited to forward any question they might have to firstname.lastname@example.org.