2019 Holiday hours
- Tuesday, December 24 - Closed
- Wednesday, December 25 - Closed
- Thursday, December 26 - Closed
- Friday, December 27 - 10:00 to 18:00
- Saturday, December 28 - 10:00 to 17:00
- Sunday, December 29 - 12:00 to 17:00
- Monday, December 30 - 10:00 to 21:00
- Tuesday, December 31 - Closed
- Wednesday, January 2 - Closed
- Thursday, January 2 - Closed
- Friday, January 3 - 10:00 to 18:00 (return to regular hours)
Regular opening hours
- Monday to Thursday: 10:00 – 21:00
- Friday: 10:00 – 18:00
- Saturday: 10:00 – 17:00
- Sunday: Noon – 17:00
You can return books and other items even when the library is closed. The return chute is located on the south side of the building, near Sherwood Crescent.
At all times, you can borrow eBooks from us in French or English, in ePub or PDF format, using reginald-jp-dawson.pretnumerique.ca.
Come visit us!
With its collection of nearly 160,000 items, 300,000 annual loans, 64 hours of public access per week and highly qualified staff, Town of Mount Royal’s Reginald J. P. Dawson Library is one of the top libraries in Quebec.
Bilingual, dynamic and web-friendly, it offers a wide range of services and provides its users not only with Internet workstations but also art and other exhibits.
Register for activities
Our library hosts numerous activities for users of all ages, season after season. Register for them via Eventbrite.
Growing with the community
Founded in 1952, the library moved to its current facility on Graham Boulevard in 1967. Several years later, in 1976, the library was named in honour of mayor Reginald J. P. Dawson, who was then celebrating his 25th year in office. The library was computerized in 1998. In 2012 and 2013, the library expands, going from 1,700 sq meters to 3,100 sq meters and offering its clientele an environment that is better lit, more user-friendly and highly functional.