The information below targets businesses. Residents have their own page regarding residual materials.
Our collection service is provided to all businesses located within the Town limits. Please note, however, that a maximum of six containers is allowed per business. If your business produces more garbage, rubbish and recyclable materials than that, you will have to rely on the services of a private contractor.
Bins: a user’s guide
How to place your bins for pick-up
- Put out your bins after 19:00 on the evening before collection day or before 7:00 on collection day.
- Place your full or partially filled bins in your driveway 15 to 30 cm (6 to 12 in.) behind the property line.
- Leave at least 30 cm (12 in.) between the bins.
- Make sure no vehicle or other object can interfere with the mechanical lifting of the bins.
- Make sure the lids are tightly closed and free of debris.
- All bins must be put away by 23:00 on collection day.
Bins that are improperly positioned, too heavy or hard to handle will not be picked up. Also, bins and all other types of container are prohibited on public roads.
Identifying your bins
Write your address on the white strips under the bin’s serial number. Write down the bin serial number for your own records. As the blue, green and brown bins are Town property, they must remain at the address to which they were delivered.
Storing your bins
Blue, green and brown bins stored outside must be placed on the side of your home, 3 m (9 ft. 10 in.) behind the building’s front façade. Garbage, rubbish and recyclable materials stored outside must be kept in a receptacle at least 2 m (6 ft. 7 in.) from any property line and not visible from the street.
What to do if your bin isn’t emptied
If none of the bins on your street have been emptied and it is past 18:00, please leave the bin in the designated spot for the collection and call the Info Collection line at 514 734-4123. The contractor hired by the Town will complete the collection as soon as possible.
If your bin appears to be the only one that has not been emptied, put it away and wait for the next collection. If the problem occurs again, please call the Info Collection line at 514 734-4123.
What to do if your bin is damaged
Any bin may sustain damage in the course of a year. The Town’s bin supplier offers a free weekly repair and replacement service.
To report a damaged bin, use this online form.
Tuesdays and Fridays
Type of container allowed:
- Maximum volume: 0.10 m2
- Maximum weight: 25 kg
- In a colour different from the colours of the bins provided by the Town (blue, green and brown)
- 120, 240 or 360-litre rollout bins
- Waste receptacles, boxes, large garbage bags (black or green) or similar containers
A maximum of six bags or containers is allowed per address. Businesses that produce larger amounts of waste have to rely on the services of a private contractor for pick-up.
Bins with an american grip are not picked up mechanically. In fact, 360-litre bins without the recommended European fixture will not be picked up manually either. The Town recommends the purchase of a black, 360-litre rollout bin with a European grip, also known as "standard".
120, 240 or 360-litre blue bin