- Roads and maintenance
With more snowstorms this winter, the Town of Mount Royal encourages you to take the necessary action to protect your home and property from damage as the result of snow accumulation. These weather conditions have resulted in increased incidences of water leaks and collapsing roofs due to the weight of snow and ice. Here are some tips to help you avoid the worst-case scenario.
- Pay attention to the warning signs of roof collapse, such as significant snow accumulation on roofs, cracks appearing on walls, and doors that jam.
- Call qualified contractors to clear your roof safely.
- If you wish to clear your roof yourself, be sure to do so safely from ground level using telescopic tools.
- Also be sure to clear drains, gutters, flaps, and vents that may be blocked by snow and ice.
- Keep areas safe for everyone and do not throw snow onto sidewalks and roads, and scatter grit if need be.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.