- Roads and maintenance
When: May 21 to early June 2019 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.*
Where: Canora Station – East side
Nature of work
Beginning May 21, 2019, preparation works for the future Canora Station will begin on the East side of the railway. In order to access the construction site at the base of the slope, a new logistics zone and access ramp will be set up on the corner of Canora Road and West Jean-Talon Street. Punctual road closures are to be expected. This logistics zone will eventually be permanently set up for the second phase of work by this Summer. A Works advisory will be released before the changeover takes place.
The follow work schedule may vary due to the weather and the progress of the work.
|May 21st to early June 2019||
Impacts and mitigation measures:
The REM project office and NouvLR consortium’s goal is to mitigate impact on surrounding residents and ensure everyone’s safety by implementing all appropriate measures.
- This work will generate noise, vibration and dust. Mitigation measures will be implemented as needed to mitigate impacts at the source (acoustic enclosures, low-noise equipment, white noise vehicles). In order to ensure the project’s noise, vibration and air quality criteria are met, monitoring by environmental experts will take place throughout the work.
- An acoustic screen will be set up north of the logistics zone.
- Some of the work will require truck traffic in the neighbourhood; traffic patterns have been temporarily altered to minimize traffic and secure the construction zones. Flaggers and signs posted all around the construction site will ensure that pedestrians and vehicles can move about safely.
- When required, one lane on Canora Road will be closed to vehicles during the day between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Pedestrians will be permitted on the sidewalk on the east side of the street, and driveways to homes will be maintained.
- One westbound lane on West Jean-Talon Street will be closed between Canora Road and Dunkirk Road.
- The logistics zone on the west side of Dunkirk Road will be maintained during that period of time.
To subscribe to the REM newsletter and alerts: