As every other Quebec municipality, an election will be held in Town of Mount Royal this fall. The purpose of the November 7, 2021 election is to fill the positions of mayor and the eight Town councilors.
We invite you to visit this page regularly as the information will be updated and expanded as the election period progresses.
Electoral work: various positions to fill out
The Town of Mount Royal is looking for temporary workers, age 16 and older, to fill out electoral positions on October 30 and October 31,2021 and/or November 5, 2021.
- September 17 to October 1, 2021: Period for filing a nomination
- October 18 to 20, 2021: Period for revising the list of electors
- October 30 and 31, 2021: Advance poll (9:30 to 20:00, at the location specified on your reminder card)
- November 7, 2021: Polling day (9:30 to 20:00, at the location specified on your reminder card)
September 8: Public Notice of Election on Novembre 7 2021
New electoral map
As of the election of November 7, the territory of the Town will now be divided into eight electoral districts.
Consult the new map of TMR districts.
Any Town of Mount Royal elector who meets the legal requirements may file a nomination. Electors who want to run as a candidate in the election have until 16:30 on October 1, 2021, to file their nomination paper in person.
Please note that nomination papers will be accepted from September 17, 2021, until 16:30 on October 1, 2021.
For more information on this subject or to obtain a nomination paper form, please contact the returning officer at 514 734-2985.
List of electors
The list of electors will be sent to the returning officer by the Chief Electoral Officer of Quebec. The expected for the filing of the list of electors is October 4, 2021.
A notice of revision of the list of electors will be delivered to every address in the Town during the same week. Please read it carefully. The notice lists the names of the electors who are entered for your address. If you name does not appear on the notice or if you do not receive the notice, you are not entered on the list of electors. In such cases, we encourage you to immediately contact the office of the returning officer to determine whether you are registered to vote. Please note that to be eligible to vote on November 7, you must be entered on the list of electors.
Revision of the list of electors
Any request to adjust the list of electors (adding, correcting or removing a name) must be submitted to the board of revisers of the list of electors, which will sit on October 18, 19 and 20, 2021, at 90 Roosevelt Avenue, Town of Mount Royal.
- Monday, October 18, from 14:30 to 17:30 and from 19:00 to 22:00;
- Tuesday, October 19, from 14:30 to 17:30 and from 19:00 to 22:00;
- Wednesday, October 20, from 10:00 to 13:00 and from 14:30 to 17:30.
If you notice an error on the notice of revision, you are responsible for contacting the committee to have the necessary changes made.
All requests for revision must be completed by 17:30 on October 20, 2021, after which point the list of electors cannot be changed.
IMPORTANT: You cannot vote if your name is not on the list of electors.
If you are entered on the list of electors, you will receive a reminder card in the mail during the week of October 25, 2021. The card will provide the address of the polling station and the names of all the candidates for the district in which you reside.
Keep your reminder card and bring it with you when you go to vote: it will help the election officers find your name on the list of electors more quickly.
An advance poll will be held on Saturday, October 30 and on Sunday, October 31, 2021, between 9:30 and 20:00. This poll is open to all voters who are entered on the list of electors. The advance polling station will be specified on your reminder card.
The election will take place on Sunday, November 7, 2021, between 9:30 and 20:00. The polling station will be specified on your reminder card.
Voting by mail
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the electors below will be able to exercise their right to vote by mail, upon request:
- those who will be 70 years of age or older on polling day;
- residents of a CHSLD or a private seniors’ residence listed in the register establish under the Act respecting health services and social services;
- persons unable to move because of health reasons and a caregiver being domiciled at the same address;
- persons whose isolation is recommended or who were ordered to isolate by public health authorities due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- persons registered on the list of electors as non-domiciled electors.
If you are eligible, fill out our online form by October 27, 2021, to exercise your right to vote by mail. You can also obtain more information from the office of the returning officer. Telephone: 514 734-3012.
Vote counting will begin when the polling stations close at 20:00 on November 7, 2021. The results will be announced on the Town’s website beginning at 21:00 and as they become available.