- Community Life
The organic baskets from Arlington Gardens will be back by mid-June, every Wednesday, still at the corner of Montgomery and Dunkirk. The farm will comply with the recommendations issued by the Ministère de l'Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l'Alimentation du Québec (MAPAQ) regarding preventive measures to be put in place in the context of a pandemic, in particular those relating to distancing, hand washing and the wearing of face masks.
Among the most important adjustments for the 2020 season :
- The basket pick-up schedule is being extended from 16:00 to 19:00.
- Before picking up their baskets, subscribers will be required to wash their hands with a disinfectant provided on site.
- Except in the event of rain, basket collection will no longer take place under the tents but on a few tables in the open air, which will double as obstacles between the tents housing the baskets and the subscribers.
- A distance of two meters between the subscribers will be in force: the lineups will have to respect this measure.
- Although the baskets will be handed out in a good mood, loitering will be discouraged.
Unless made necessary by the weather or new government guidelines, the basket season is expected to begin on June 17. It is still possible to register through the producer’s website (Arlington Gardens).