- Municipal Council
- Avis public
In order once more to accommodate the current distancing directives and avoid gatherings, Town Council is exceptionally asking interested residents to voice their comments in writing by September 10 – instead of in person – regarding Draft By-law No. 1441-6 to amend Zoning By-law No. 1441 with respect to the front setback and the lot sizes permitted in zone H-522-B.
This zone includes the buildings at 308 and 310 Geneva Crescent, currently the object of an application for demolition.
On August 24, 2020, the Town council adopted first Draft By-law No. 1441-6 to amend Zoning By-law No. 1441 with respect to the front setback and the lot sizes permitted in zone H-522-B.
In accordance with Order number 2020-49 issued by the Government of Québec on July 4, 2020, he Council decided to replace the public meeting on this draft By-law with a 15-day written consultation.
Read our public notice, published on August 27. Draft By-law No. 1441-6 is attached to it.
Draft By-law No. 1441-6
The object of Draft By-law No. 1441-6 to amend Zoning By-law No. 1441 with respect to the front setback and the lot sizes permitted in zone H-522-B is to allow the owner of the 2 properties located at 308 and 310 Geneva Avenue to combine the two semi-detached lots into one.
The original properties of 308 and 310 Geneva Avenue were the subject of a subdivision application to create an additional lot with a frontage on de Dieppe Avenue, thus allowing the construction of a new single-family home on the third lot created.
Following a possible demolition, rather than rebuilding two semi-detached homes, the present zoning change would allow for the two lots facing Geneva Avenue to be combined into one and for a single family home to be built.
Thus, the two homes of 308 and 310, avenue Geneva, would be replaced with two homes: one with frontage on de Dieppe (previously approved and on-going) and the other with frontage on Geneva (object of present file)
The properties of 308 and 310 Geneva Avenue are located in zone H-522-B and to allow the project described previously certain specifications in the present zoning grid must be modified:
- the maximum lot frontage in this zone must be increased from “31 meters” to “35 meters”. It is to be noted that several lots on Geneva Avenue have a frontage of 35 meters or more;
- the minimum depth of a lot in this zone must be decreased from “27 meters” to “25 meters”. Considering that the geometry of Geneva Avenue has an impact on the shape of the lots, the present modification will allow for the new lots to be created to be of a more regular in shape;
- the front setback of the properties adjacent to Geneva Crescent and west of Dieppe Avenue must be reduced from 10.5 meters to 7.5 meters;
The property is located on a corner lot and is the westernmost property in zone H-522-B where the front setback is 10.5 m. The adjacent zone to the west (H-522-A) has a front setback of 4.5 m. The proposed front setback at 7.5 m allows for a transition between the two zones, ensures an opening of the corner and allows for a good integration of the new construction into the urban landscape.
Any interested person in the draft By-law may be heard by Council by submitting written comments no later than September 10, 2020.
To be eligible, a comment must be:
- sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- be dropped off in the Town Hall’s mailbox, at 90 Roosevelt Avenue, Mont-Royal for the attention of the Town Clerk.