- Municipal Council
In order to accommodate the current distancing directives and avoid gatherings, Town Council is asking interested residents to express their views in writing by November 26 – instead of in person – regarding the request for a minor variance at 85 Lockhart Avenue. The request has to do with the right side setback of the building.
In accordance with Order number 2020-74 issued by the Government of Québec on October 2, 2020, any interested party may express themselves during a written consultation on the request for a minor variance concerning the right side setback of the immovable located at 85 Lockhart Avenue. The 15-day written consultation was advertised on November 11 by way of public notice.
The object of this application is to legalize, in accordance with the Minor Variance By-law No. 1312, the right side setback at 1.95 m for the existing building, encroaching by 0.03 m on the 1.98 m minimum setback required at time of construction in 1951.
It should be noted that the current Zoning By-law N°1441 provides for minimum front setback of 2.3 m in zone H-550-C, bringing the encroachment to 0.35 m.
The present request is necessary due to the 0.03 m encroachment and the approval of this application would legalize the non-conforming right side setback but cannot apply to any future additions.
In accordance with Minor Variances By-law No. 1312, Council will consider the following conditions:
- the request for a minor variance to the Zoning by-law does not contravene the objectives of Town of Mount Royal’s urban plan;
- the immovable complies with the other provisions of By-law No. 1441 Concerning Zoning, Subdivision By-law No. 1442, and Building By-law No. 1443;
- the application of the current setback would constitute a serious prejudice to the owner of the property.
Any interested person will be heard by Town Council by submitting their comments in writing no later than November 26, 2020.
To be eligible, a comment must be:
- sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- be deposited in the mail chute at Town Hall, 90 Roosevelt Avenue, Mount Royal, Attention to Town Clerk.